Implementation of the Optimized Logistics System in Four Additional Health Areas
The LOGIVAC + project has the financial resources to introduce the optimized logistics system in four additional health areas in Benin. Interventions in these areas will follow a pattern defined by the National Supply Chain Management Team:
- Situation analysis on logistics management
- Identification of requirements and planning for the deployment of the optimized system
- Acquiring and installing cold chain and transportation equipment
- Training of personnel involved in logistics management
- Monitoring of implementation
- Evaluation of the performance of the new logistics system
The teams from the health areas and regions are involved throughout the process to ensure that the logistics system is adapted to the realities of each area, and that it operates in a sustainable fashion.
An intervention protocol, standardized operating procedures, and training modules are drawn up to ensure effective implementation not only in these four areas but also across the country.