LAMIVAC positions itself as a platform offering proven expertise at regional level in the field of vaccinology. It aims to:
- Promote the activities of AMP and the Muraz Center, as well as those of other members of the EIG, especially research, training, expertise, and enhanced use of vaccinology research outcomes
- Address the concerns of governments, national agencies, and international public health organizations on immunization and vaccinology issues
- Promote research in various fields of vaccinology, particularly those relating to the immunogenicity of vaccines, efficacy, safety, and the impact of immunization on populations unique to West Africa
- Produce scientific evidence for the programming, monitoring, and evaluation of national immunization programs. LAMIVAC will respond to scientific questions about issues specific to the immunization environment and challenges in West Africa.
- Host and train students in the field from different levels (Masters, Doctorates) and nationalities (especially from the West African region) in vaccinology research
- Build a network of local, national, regional, and international partners